Saturday, October 1, 2011

Something Different and New in My Life

In just 17 days my baby will be two years old. For the first time since I've been a mom I will have a child turn two without me being pregnant with the next baby. I started having children when I was 23 and continued until I was 34.
And this....makes me sad and relieved all at the same time. Let's face it, being pregnant is no picnic. But nothing in the world compares to having a baby in my arms. For me, nothing is more rewarding than raising children. But, at the same time, it is true that from the moment I had my first child I opened my heart wide open to the possibility of pain. It's painful to watch them grow up and become independent, yet at the same time it makes me proud. It's painful to see them make bad decisions at times, yet my husband and I get the honor of helping them walk through the process of making things right after those poor choices are made. It's painful to see them argue with one another, but so precious to see them stick up for each other or show that they value their siblings at an unexpected time. Nothing can be more embarrassing at times than my children....but I can honestly say that my children do so much more that makes me extremely proud of them.
I'm so thankful to be a mom to Christian, Aubrey, Isabel, Anna, Lucy and Ellie. They are my greatest treasures.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful Katie! I'm so thankful to be your friend!
    I know that feeling you're talking about. I keep hitting new milestones with Samuel and thinking... "This is the first time I've done this without having a smaller one coming along behind." =(
    God is good though. I'm so very thankful for all that He has filled our lives with.
    And that includes you guys! ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete

Dinner Time Anchor

Awhile back I read a question on an instagram account that I follow. It went something like this: What are the anchors that keep your fami...